Gaco Roof 100% Silicone Roof Coating
Brand : Gaco
- Usually ships within 24 hours.
- IN STOCK
100% Silicone Roof Coating
GacoRoof 100% Silicone Roof Coating creates a seamless membrane to seal and repair existing roofs and permanently protect against leaks, permanent ponding water and the damaging effects of severe weather. GacoRoof is available in several colors to enhance the aesthetics of any roof. Ideal for use on flat and sloped roofs including, but not limited to, large and small buildings, homes, garages and patio covers, sheds and barns, mobile homes, RVs and more.
100% SILICONE. The unique chemistry of GacoRoof offers peace of mind for a lifetime! It outperforms and outlasts acrylic, urethane, asphalt and Hypalon® coatings.
NO PRIMER REQUIRED. GacoRoof will adhere to most surfaces without a primer including built up roofs, cap sheet, metal, modified bitumen and sprayed polyurethane foam.
REMAINS PERMANENTLY FLEXIBLE. GacoRoof will stay flexible and maintain adhesion, even under permanent ponding water or snow pack. Other coatings become brittle and begin to degrade over time.
WITHSTANDS PERMANENT PONDING WATER. GacoRoof is an excellent choice for flat or sloped roofs. Extremely durable, GacoRoof will not soften, bubble or degrade under permanent ponding water.
NON-SACRIFICIAL. GacoRoof is unaffected by harsh UV rays and temperature extremes.
PREVENTS COSTLY TEAR OFFS. By recoating your weathered roof with GacoRoof, you not only extend the life of your roof, you avoid the need for a time-consuming and costly tear off.
- 100% silicone roof coating 69% solids by volume.
- Provides waterproof protection
- Stands up to permanent ponding water without bubbling, peeling, or breaking down
- Stays flexible and maintains adhesion
- Unlike other coatings that require recoating every 3 to 5 years, GacoRoof only needs one coating
- Coverage: 100 square feet per gallon per coat. One 5-gallon pail covers 250 Square feet of roof with 2 coats. (22 dry mils)
- Applying Temperature: Do not apply in temperatures below freezing, above 120°F (49°C) or if rain is expected within 2 hours.
- Dry time: Allow 1st coat to dry thoroughly, between 3-12 hours depending on climate, before applying the 2nd coat.
- Storage Stability: Three years from date of manufacture when stored in unopened containers between 40°- 85°F (4°-29°C).
- Clean up: Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with 100% Pure Mineral Spirits. DO NOT USE WATER OR RECLAIMED SOLVENTS.
- Adhesion: Ideal for metal roofs, fiberglass, cap sheets, torch down, composite roofs, aged asphalt roofs, concrete roofs, barrel tile, urethane foams, flat roofs, mobile homes, RV's and Campers.
- Not for use on 3-tab asphalt or architectural shingles
- Prop 65: WARNING
For extended information CLICK HERE
We have used this product several times in several sections of the roof. The results are satisfied.
Could not determine where leaks were coming from on a 20-year-old metal roof. One coat of Gaco did the job! My roof guy said it applied easily. Product shipped quickly and was received within 2-3 days.
This product did excellent job on roof of trailer that we work out of one coat covered the 20x8 trailer
8 cans and 4 days later looks great. New flat roof leaked after 3 years, my roofer used GACO to fix the leak and I finished the job. Hopefully it is worth the investment of time and money,
Best I found so far been in the RV field for over 20+ years and by far the best.
Good product bu expansive
The reason for 4 stars , I needed more product than what Gaco said I would, otherwise I’m happy so far
I live in an attached double house and share a porch roof with my neighbor. My roof has been well maintained and my neighbor’s side – not so much. My neighbor researched the Gaco product and wanted the shared porch roof that is visible from the street to match. We live in a Historic district and had to use the black color. He researched the product and was told it should adhere to the surfaces. We had to purchase a 5-gallon container. We painted the first coat and had several gallons left over. It dries very fast and the left-over product in the can hardened. We had to purchase a second 5 gallon for the second coat. When we finished, we transferred the remaining to a sealed 5-gallon bucket in an attempt to keep the left-over product. The remaining product hardened again. Both roofs looked great until it became very hot. My side, the side that had no previous problems bubbled all over. I called RoofCoatingSupply and Gaco support. Both said the product is perfect and it must be the application. They not take photos or samples. If it fails its you no questions asked. They did say it should have adhered. When I asked how to remove the product, I was told to cut out the bubbles or sand the product off. There is no chemical way or even the use of a heat gun to remove it. There is no plan B if it does not work. I have no Idea how you would sand silicone. I was then told I had to top coat with the same product as nothing will adhere to silicone that remained attached. So basically, if it does not work- purchase more. Again, you have to purchase 5-gallon containers not a one gallon and they harden so there is no way to do multiple coats with the 5-gallon. I had a perfectly good roof; I am now getting quotes to have a whole new metal roof installed. I would not use this product unless it was a last resort and I was resigned to a new roof anyway. I deeply regret trying it.