GACOFLEX EPOXY PRIMER PART A and B KIT
Brand : Gaco
GACOFLEX EPOXY PRIMER PART A and B KIT
This 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler is an excellent multi-purpose primer that offers excellent adhesion to most surfaces including metal roofs and metal surfaces such as flashing. It improves adhesion of GacoFlex Silicone Coatings and may help prevent bleed through on asphalt-based surfaces. Can be used as a block filler with ordinary sand.
- Must be mixed together
- The kit brings one part A and one part B
- Coverage: When used unreduced as a block filler, the coverage is 70-100 sq. ft. per gallon (6.5 to 9.3 m2 / 3.78 L). When reduced with one pint of water per gallon (0.5 L per 3.78L) of mixed GacoFlex E5320 and applied to smooth concrete, the coverage is 200-250 sq. ft. per gallon (18.6 to 23.2m 2 /3.78 L).
- Mixing: GacoFlex E5320 is a two-component material; Equal parts by volume of Part A and Part B must be properly combined prior to application according to the following directions. Mix Part A well for 3-5 minutes. Mix Part B for 3-5 minutes. Pour Part B into a clean, empty pail. Pour Part A into the same pail. It will sink. Mix both together for 3-5 minutes. Mixture will appear thin and light pink in color. Power mixing is recommended when combining more than one gallon (3.79 L) each of Part A and Part B.
- Pot Life: Pot life after mixing is 1.5 hours at 75°F (24°C); the pot life will double at 55°F (13°C), however at 100°F (38°C) pot life is reduced to 45 minutes.
- Thinning: Thinning is not normally required for roller application. When thinning is necessary to extend pot life for spraying, for application at cool temperatures, or to achieve recommended application rates, thin combined material with 10%-20% clean water and mix thoroughly. Do not thin more than 20%.
- Clean up: Clean brushes and rollers with soap and water; a small amount of vinegar may be added to make clean up easier. Late in the pot life or in hot weather, clean-up is impractical and brushes and rollers should be disposed of. Clean spray equipment with water supplemented with a small amount of vinegar and recirculate through lines and gun until residual coating is removed.
- Dry Time: Allow the first coat to dry for a minimum or 2 hours before application of the second coat. Allow to dry a minimum of 6 hours before application of top coat. Dry time is dependent upon temperature and humidity.
Note: Where maximum solvent resistance is needed, apply two coats a minimum of two hours apart. Let cure for two days with a daily maximum temperature of 70°F (21°C) or higher. For 60°F (16°C) days, allow one week. Full cure and dry time can be longer when there is poor air ventilation such as in tanks or enclosed reservoirs.
Application: Product may be applied by brush, roller or spray. On smooth surfaces, use a 1/4” to 3/8” nap roller or nylon brush. When applying E5320 as block filler for porous concrete, use a 1” to 1-1/4” nap roller. If blow holes form as the primer dries, make a second pass with a relatively dry roller; allow 5 to 10 minutes between passes. Contact Gaco Western for application utilizing equipment. Do not apply to surfaces which are below 50°F (10°C).
- On single ply membrane roofs, apply one coat at the rate of 1 gallon per 500 sq. ft. (combined material will need to be thinned 10%-20% with water to achieve this spread rate).
- On metal, apply one coat at the rate of 1 gallon per 300 sq. ft.
- On asphalt-based surfaces including smooth cap sheet, apply 2 separate coats of 1 gallon per 250 sq. ft. For granulated surfaces, apply 2 separate coats of 1 gallon per 200 sq. ft.
NOTE: Application rate is job-specific. Additional material may be required.
Prop 65: WARNING
HELPS INHIBIT BLEED-THROUGH. BleedTrap Base Coat encapsulates the oil that commonly exudes from substrates containing bitumen and effectively traps it within the sealer to help inhibit bleed-through.
FAST DRYING. Tinted red to help ensure consistent coverage, A4271 BleedTrap Base Coat is fast drying, contributing to quicker turn-around for your coating installation.
CLEANS UP WITH WATER. A4271 BleedTrap Base Coat is a single-component, water-based sealer that cleans up easily with soap and water.
WORKABILITY. A4271 BleedTrap Base Coat is part of a full system of integrated Gaco products and should be used with a GacoFlex acrylic or silicone coating, such as the S42 series, for optimum performance of a newly re-covered roof.
For extended information CLICK HERE
Lid on Part A had partially opened in shipment and about 1 inch of the product had spilled in the box. What a mess.