GacoDeck Top Coat 5 gallon
Brand : Gaco Deck
Gaco Deck Kit 5 gal.
GacoDeck Kit water-borne, single component elastomeric coatings is a high quality, waterproof deck system for balconies and rooftop decks over occupied living spaces. Acrylic polymer coating system that provides lasting surface protection. Leaves a skid resistant surface that's easy to clean with soap and water. Adheres to plywood, concrete, metal, fiberglass, previously painted or coated surfaces, etc.
A protective coating and membrane for non-ponding walking decks
- Water based elastomeric coating
- 50 Year limited Warranty when applied properly
- Coverage: 5 gallons covers 134 Sq. Ft. to yield 28 dry mils on a smooth surface.
Four coats are required; recommended final film build is 28 dry mils. GacoDeck must be applied at the proper rate of 100 sq. ft. per kit to ensure proper coating thickness. Failure to do so may result in the product's failure to provide a waterproof membrane.
- Mixing: Mix before application to ensure uniform color and consistency.
- Adhesion: Bonds to plywood, concrete, metal, fiberglass and previously coated surfaces.
- Dry Time: Allow each coat to dry for a minimum of 2-4 hours. If more than 72 hours elapses between coats, clean with GacoWash according to label directions. Final coat should be allowed to cure for 72 hours (depending on temperature and humidity) before suitable for heavy objects or foot traffic.
- Clean Up: Clean up with soap and water.
- Colors: DK01 Oyster, DK02 Pewter, DK16 Shale, DK18 Adobe, DK47 Sedona, DK49 Desert
- Limitations: GacoDeck is not recommended if joints and cracks exceed 1/8' wide. For climate zones that experience extremely cold temperatures of -20°F (-29°C) or below for over 3 months, GacoDeck Kit is not recommended.
Hopefully I will get another 5 years out of this product
Used this to recover a Gacodeck application
which was about 20 years old. Gave excellent
coverage and the result was completely
I used this on a shallow pitch roof deck in 2002, and with annual thin recoats, it has been perfect for over 20 years. It remains pliable, adheres well to plywood.
It has remained a leak proof coating that can be walked on.
I'm now using it on 2x6 wood deck boards and expect them to last 15-20 years, vs less than 10 years here in No. California